We have had several new clients approach us because their websites had become infected with malicious code. The causes of these security breaches included:
- CMS applications had not been maintained and had vulnerabilities.
- The CMS file permissions were not sufficiently secure to avoid injection with malicious code.
The recovery process for these clients included:
- Removal of malicious code from compromised files.
- Hardening of system user and file permissions.
- Migration of sanitised website content and database to clean servers.
- Regular upgrade of OS and CMS software.
- Ongoing monitoring and realtime defence against hacking attempts.
- Clients: <<Confidential>>
- Classification: Cybersecurity
- Type: Website Recovery
- Technology: LAMP